Monday, July 23, 2007

Blogger's Block

Man, this writing stuff takes serious discipline. I started blogging to hone my WRITING skills, so that I could someday write a book or screenplay. Every time I hear a story about some random non-writer who suddenly authors a book- they always say the key is to just sit down and write every day. Sounds simple, right? No! I'm having a hell of a time trying to force myself to blog on a daily- shoot- a regular basis. That's funny because I always have SOMETHING to rant about. I spend a very healthy portion of my workday WRITING email and instant/text messages to my friends (sometimes co-workers). I'd have an epic novel if I combined my personal correspondence. When it comes to gathering my thoughts and actually typing them out into something readable, I think I just get a little unfocused.

I have to work on that. Anybody have any suggestions on how to combat my "Blogger's Block?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that impossible to do also. I will get on a roll and practically stay up till midnight writing when it flows and other days it takes me an hour to write a paragraph. I'm trying to force myself to put pen to paper at least once a day even if crap rolls out, just to try and produce something and complete something. My dad actually suggested the blog as a way to write everyday but I can't seem to do that either. Besides, it's always a rant, not a piece of fiction.

And on a completely unrelated note: Britney?!