Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year, Same ____

Damn- it's already the middle of January and I haven't posted anything since early last month. My friends keep telling me to post something (even though they rarely read), but I don't have anything to say. Hmmm... What to talk about? Let's see... I'm drawing a blank, so I'll just free write. I'm apprehensive about posting New Year's Resolutions, because they're so cliche and I never keep them. But for the purpose of writing something I'll list my top five intentions for 2009.

1) I intend to give to more homeless people without caring what they spend my dollar on, or whether or not they really need it. Hell, if I was homeless in the cold streets of New York City, I'd splurge on a little Paul Mason to warm my insides. I always need extra money, but I wouldn't be caught dead begging on a train, so more power to the bums with the chutzpah do so.

2) I will embrace the big 3-0, which is looming upon me. Enough said about that. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous. Baby steps...

3) I will stop carrying my credit card in my wallet. I broke it out last August for "emergencies" only. Apparently, I dealt with the crises of 2008 with alcohol and shoes. Hmmm...

4) To resume going on my annual vacation. I took last year off to "save money," but i still accumulated debt and have no drunken bikini pictures to show for it. However, i will try my best not to violate Intention #3 to achieve this one.

5) And last but not least my most familiar intention (next to losing fifteen pounds) : I will WRITE, WRITE, WRITE- even when I have nothing profound to say (like today). Look- nothing turned into something.

Happy New Year!

Honorary Intention #6) I will value myself and protect my heart more than I did last year. 2008 ended on a sad note with me feeling sorry for myself and upset over a breakup (insert violins here). Sure, stuff was all rosy and he was seemingly "wonderful" when we were together. But in retrospect, he was a selfish brat and I was love-starved. I put his needs and feelings above my own; and, compromised a LOT of my self and standards for him. I definitely don't regret my time with him. However, I am so glad he ended it.

2 comments:

CHELSEƁ ESTELLE said...

Hey. I keep checking back for new post... Great reads, I'm becoming a fan. Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

Let's go with number 5, girlie! More writing! Number 6 is incredibly honest and brave. Kudos!