Friday, May 8, 2009

Just a Dream?

Went on a date last night. New guy, total sweetheart- kinda cute, nice smile, great upbeat personality- and best of all he paid for everything. I know that's to be expected, but you have no idea about the messes I've dealt with in my past. I'll spare the details of the date. It was your typical "first date-date." Everybody on his/her best to impress behavior. Future looking bright, etcetera. Although something could be said about a first date, I had a bizarre experience AFTER the date- which my be cause for some speculation. Turns out this dude ended up being the "man of my dreams." Later that night, he appeared in my sleep.

I dreamt that dude and I went to a ghetto club. It was "ghetto" because we were frisked at the door by huge angry bouncers. After we made it in, the deejay was playing Britney Spears. I don't recall the song, but either way, that's so not-ghetto (white trash, but not ghetto), and the crowd was mixed. The club was veiled in some kind of red lighting and the dance floor was kinda small, but dude and I headed straight to the middle and began to slow dance to either "Toxic," "Gimme More," or "Circus." Apparently, I didn't care about the poor choice of music because I was swooning in this guy's arms. After a while, the crowd slowly dispersed around us and I sensed some mild commotion. Then lo and behold J.W., a party promoter I know, was coming through with random electrical equipment forcing everyone to get out of his way while he set up for his event. My date and I temporarily took notice of this interruption, then continued to slow jam. And then, he kissed me. The kiss was light and delicate- yet passionate. (FYI- this guy and I have never kissed in real life). Meanwhile, J.W. was was stomping all around us, and moving random isht. Somewhere in my reverie, I felt something tugging at my ankles, and I looked down to find myself tangled in a pool of J.W.'s wires. I nervously looked up at my date and before I could say anything, J.W. tugged the wires from his end, causing me to fall HARD on my ass. As J.W. continued to pull the electrical ropes- some of which were still knotted around my ankles- I was being dragged on the dance floor away from my man- who just stood there all cool watching me slide away.

That's it. What does it mean?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it means you are still tied to someone else.

Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer that dreams mean something! And the ropes are definitely symbolism. Break it down, girl!

CHELSEƁ ESTELLE said...

I'm not sure what ropes around the ankles mean, but it sound like some kinky ish to me. Have you had any dreams involving these 2 lately? I think dreams mean more when they are reoccurring.