Monday, June 16, 2008

How He Doin'? - Part 1

Like a deejay, I sometimes like to dig in the crates for some oldies but goodies. This is an email I sent to my homegirl about a date I had awhile back. I love reading it and observing my transgression from yesterday's giddy crush to today's "OMG- what the eff was I thinking?" For the record- this guy and I are totally NO LONGER an item. Also, I included little notes in [brackets] so that you can understand some of the vague parts. Hope you enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey L,

I was actually out on a date w/Chris - the dude w/the shiny, new Lexus I met at Mo's [a bar in Brooklyn with a significant number of gay patrons, but NOT necessarily a "gay bar"]
few weeks back. I called him after my lunch outing w/Mo [a BFF- not a non-gay bar] and Pam, and we decided to meet up for drinks or something.

He picked me up at around 9 and I'd totally forgotten what he looked like.
One time I had a nightmare about him looking like Zab Judda. Thank God he
didn't look like ZJ, but he did look like another celebrity- your ATL homie-
Bobby Valentino- good hurr and all. LOL! He had on an Ed Hardy
trucker cap, a black sweater w/a green/white checkered button down
underneath and some fancy ripped up jeans and suede loaferish shoes. - He
put my lame black jeans/black top ensemble to shame.

So we drove around a while trying to figure out someplace to go until he
mentioned something about wanting to play pool. I suggested Slate (which has since
added several more ping-pong tables). He played his son's CD in the car
during the ride. Keep your ear's peeled for Lil Twizzle's first single. I
could tell he was very proud.

Chris is exactly my height and I was almost a few centimeters taller than
him in my 1 inch heels. He was nice and a terrible pool player- or maybe he
was so bad because he was distracted by my sexy pool moves. You know how I do [Lindsay jokes that i like to play pool on dates because of my "seductive" moves - i.e. - bending over the table; sitting on the edge and shooting from behind; and my all time favorite- bent over the table with said guy behind helping me shoot].

We had a couple of drinks and called it a night pretty early. No crazy
stories- just a nice, innocent date. He had me home a little before
midnight and he mentioned a 2nd date. He gave me a sweet little kiss on the
lips before I got out of his car and that was it.

Oh, but we did have a conversation about our dreams and goals. I told him I had
TV show aspirations (no didn't give specifics about ideas and stuff) [Linds and I have pitched super secret tv show ideas to each other that NO ONE must have wind of], and he surprised the hell out of me by saying that although he does I.T. [found out later that he installs internet for Time Warner Cable- which makes him the Cable Guy] for a
living, he has a STRONG DESIRE to pursue FASHION. Perplexing- Is he secure
enough in his manhood that he can openly admit that he wants to work in
fashion; or should a red flag be going up in my head? Isn't that my dream-
to date a dude who shares a love for nice clothes like I do? Or am I a
fag-hag? Hmmmm...

Oh well - I think I like him.

[Continued in "How He Doin'" Part 2]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL at imagining you and your pool moves.